Another 2 goal lead. Another blown two goal lead. The Bruins let a 4-2 third period lead slip away to the not-so-good Flyers and ended up losing 5-4 in OT on a Claude Giroux snipe. Now for the Good, Bad and Ugly from last night, even though it’s not easy coming up with the Good:
1. Patrice Bergeron: One hour of sleep thanks to a new bundle of joy, then goes out and gets a goal and an assist. Most of us couldn’t even put a coherent sentence together after our first born, and Bergeron not only plays but gets two points.
2. Power Play: 1 for 3 last night and scoring at a 38% clip. Obviously it’s not sustainable but it would be a welcome change if the PP was a weapon for once.
1. Kevan Miller: Not a good night for #86. A minus-2. Paging Zach Trotman…
2. Tuukka Rask: 5 GA last night, obviously not all his fault thanks to Miller and some other breakdowns, but Rask has to bail out his D from time to time, and he’s just not doing it right now.
3. David Pastrnak: Not a great night for the kid. Claude wasn’t happy:
“It’s about respecting the game, more than just scoring the goals. There’s a learning curve there. There’s also a respect factor there that you’ve got to understand: There’s more to the game than just trying to be flashy.
“He had a tough night. You’re going to see him have some better nights down the road.”
Live and learn with the young guys.
The winner here is Zac Rinaldo. This hit was certainly questionable:
But you can’t put yourself in that position given the reputation, not to mention it caused your team to have to kill a 5 minute major. If the Bruins had any guts Rinaldo would be gone and someone like Alex Khokhlachev gets a shot on teh 4th line. It’ll never happen but a guy can dream, right?
Also, this thanks to the Bruins Instagram:
Yup, let’s trade defense for …. defense! Gotta love Bruins fans.
Next game is Friday night against the Brooklyn Islanders.