Well, thankfully the Bruins won a game, 6-2 over the
Quebec Nordiques Colorado Avalanche last night in Denver. Overall, a solid effort (I’m guessing since, in full disclosure, I didn’t see a second of this game due to it being past my bedtime), giving up only 22 shots and scoring 6 on only 24 shots.
Now, the Good, Bad, and Ugly from last night:
1. Jimmy Hayes: A goal and three assists and a plus 3 for Hayes, who before last night was basically invisible
2. Tyler Randell: First NHL goal in his first NHL game. He’s already been more productive than anyone on the 4th line in about a year.
3. Tommy Cross: Zeros across the board, but congrats to Cross on his first NHL game
1. Carl Soderberg: Minus 4. Woof. All for almost $5M a year.
2. David Pastrnak: 6 minutes in penalties. Not what you’re looking for.
3. Zdeno Chara’s TOI: Can I ask why he played almost 25 minutes in a blowout?
1. Simeon Varlamov: 5 goals on 19 shots. Brutal.
2. Chris Kelly: :30 of TOI on the power play. David Pastrnak: :29 of TOI on the power play.
Elsewhere, it was reported earlier in the week that the Bruins might be, just might be, “quietly shopping” Zdeno Chara and Brad Marchand. First of all, I guess it’s not really quiet anymore, is it? And second, I wouldn’t blame the Bruins for seeing what they could get for Chara at this point, although Marchand is a bit of a head scratcher given he’s your top goal scorer and has a reasonable contract.
The rumor was quickly shot down:
But who really knows? What if it gets ugly around here come Christmas time? Why not sell high on Chara?
Also, it looks like Brad Marchand is closer to a return from a concussion.
What the hell did Zach Trotman do?
Next game: Friday night against the undefeated Coyotes.